Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Cara Mia why, must I say goodbye...

Ok, so I'm eating marinated artichokes for breakfast and thought I'd try to figure out what they use to make them stay that light creamy tan color in the jar. As I'm reading my "Cara Mia" brand jar (California Style), which I've eaten for years and thought they were Italian, I was speechless. The are made in CHILI. What? Cara Mia means "beloved" in Italian!!! I've been duped, lied to, and now I'm just flabbergasted.

The citric acid must keep them light in color but, but..they aren't Italian! AND, they cost about $4.00 for a 418 grams! My new quest will be finding the perfect Italian marinated artichoke. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I never look at the make on the label, Pink but I will for you!