Monday, October 15, 2007

The Sicilian Gentleman's Cookbook

I recently purchased this book for my son, Bobby. Bobby if you're reading this -STOP HERE !

You can scroll down in the link and read the reviews which were all good.

Last time I visited Bobby he made me some German Apple Pancakes- boy were they yummy. It was quite an involved recipe and me made me proud. So, with that in mind I thought he should venture over to his Sicilian side with a little help from Ma.

So, Bobby if you're still reading there's a naked women picture in the Antipasto section... just kiddin, well, there are some pictures on a plate....

The recipes look a bit on the simple side but it's a starter and stories along with some of he recipes are entertaining. I think I will bequeath all my cookbooks to Bobby someday...along with all my other treasures he so loves...HooHa (Mom, the collector of "stuff").

Ok, it's a nice day so outdoors to do some gardening I've neglected since I've been sick and bruised...I'm feeling almost human now!

2 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

That looks and sounds like a great book, pink. Hope your son uses it1 Glad you are feeling better now. Btw, thanks for the "veggie people " email - I love those.

rosemary said...

Sorry it has taken me so long to thank you for visiting my blog. We are almost neighbors. I read thru your most recent posts and we share a few other things as well....we went to Italy and Sicily in 2004. My family is from Termini Imerese just outside of Palermo. We also feed the deer that come to the property a bit of corn every day. I am originally from So Cal. my email address is on my blog....hope to hear from you again. Rosemary