Thursday, October 25, 2007

La Cucina Italiana- my first !

I subscribed to La Cucina Italian magazine and today I received my first one! So far I'm enjoying it. There's an article on Ragusa, Sicily, along with five other cities in Italy. These cities are the "new" destinations "bursting with palazzi and culinary meccas to see and conquer". There is reference to the Donnafugata castle and scenes from "The Leopard" that was filmed there that starred Burt Lancaster and Claudia Cardinale. A picture of Alba Rugusa, the ancient town, dates back to the 14th century and what a lovely picture they presented. My friend from the Sicily Scene blog lives there, now I see why she loves it!

I like the list of gourmet stores listed in the back of the magazine. There's even two in Idaho,in Ketchum. There is a small store near Sandpoint,Idaho called Pend Oreille Pasta & Wine where I like to buy my port wines and cheese. Ok, back to recipe reading and making a shopping list!

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Wow, Pink, so glad you have got this and are enjoying it! Thanks for the link, too.