Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Earthquake !!!

We had an earthquake at 8:05 PM tonight in California. It registered 5.6 on the Richter Scale. It was centered around the Alum Rock area in San Jose.

At first I thought it was my son running through the house. I then realized the lights were swaying casting shadows so I went into the hall to yell for my son who was standing in the doorway looking out over the balcony. He thought it was a 4 or 5 on the scale. I thought it was about a 6 or 7 and that's partly because our house is set on pillars :0 It lasted about 15 seconds with two distinct jolts. Thankfully nothing broke and so far no injuries are reported. Too bad the powers that be didn't plan it for tomorrows Halloween. Other than that it's been quite a boring day.

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I should think that's enough excitement for one day, Pink!