Friday, January 4, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away


I have finally decided it's time to blog again.

It's raining here in California. The first of the three predicted storms has arrived and I find my self a bit depressed. Grey everywhere. Wet and cold.

Thank God for forced air heating and no loss of electricity. Which reminds me to run find matches and candles. Whew, thankfully I haven't thrown them out.

Homemade veggie soup is simmering on the stove to take over my folks. Dread.
I will be drenched and miserable when I do so.

I'm currently reading "A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey. It's one of Oprah's recommended books...the one that later became ostracized for not being 100% truthful. Though the first 100 pages are quite depressing it's still it's a captivating read.

For Christma my second son, Skye, bought me a Capresso burr grinder for coffee beans. I'm so excited. Silly at my age. So far I have just admired it but tomorrow it gets baptized.









For the last three hours I've been unable to upload my blog. Even thought I have cable my connection was s-l-o-w and I kept getting kicked back to the old "problem loading page" message. So I drove my soup over to my folks, yes, I drove next door because the rain has flooded the driveways and ditches in the front yard. When I returned, and since the storm has died down a bit, my connection is back to its old self. Unfortunately, for my folks their forced air heat motor burned up and the house smelled like burning electrical wires...after checking out the basement we found it flooded with about six inches of water. The heater was almost 50 years old so I guess its time was up...so that's all for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Marlene,

I read that book "A Million Little Pieces" awhile back. I loved it!! Let me know what you think of it when you finish it.

Heidi