Wednesday, December 26, 2007

My Travels up North



For my first tid bit of info this is a picture of a Monkey Puzzle Tree. This tree is along the Seattle shoreline and many tourists were taking pictures of it as it's so peculiar looking. While staying at my son's place, in Seattle, Wa, I was able to convenience him to go next door (in the rain) and smack down a big brown seed pod off the tree. In doing so a small limb came off. Much to my surprise it looked like it was from the aloe family but was it hard and had sharp ends! The seed pods look like baby shark pods. I plan to plant these seeds in early spring. The tree is about 70 feet tall and more than 30 years old so the seed pods should be viable.





And the highlight of my trip is my grand daughter, Eva ! She is a sweetie...just my unbiased opinion.













The Seattle skyline just up the road from my son's place. There's a seal in the foreground.

Me and Eva. You can see the Space Needle to the left in the back ground. When all the buildings and Space Needle are lit with Christmas lights it is an amazing view. I usually find city views not my cup of tea.




This little humming bird in the tree was here all though out the day. He looked so lonely and was there even when it started to snow! In the back ground are the Cascade Mountains but only the first day of my visit did I actually see them, even in this picture they are hidden by clouds.

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, pink. Lovely pics and Eva looks beautiful. That tree is quite something! You'll have to keep us posted about how the planting goes.

Buon anno 2008 from sicily x