Saturday, December 23, 2006

Scrooge


While I thought coming back home to Cocolalla this trip would make a big change in my Bah Humbug Christmas attitude...I was wrong. First off the lights on the big tree outside are missing a section of lights, that really annoys me. If ya can't do it right don't do it at all. I came back to a horribly messy home. My hubby just can't seem to clean it "my way." I know that is my problem. You see, our home has been under construction for five years and it is not quite the Better Homes and Garden version of mountain living as I imagined.

While I am in California working hubby is here taking care of the animals and "remodeling." Well, it just ain't so. I know the three horses, three dogs, five parrots, five tortoises, building a horse barn and keeping the driveway clear, not to mention the rental property intact is a lot of work. By the time he's done with the animals he's too tired to do much remodeling. Our ranch is spread out so every thing associated with animals takes a lot of time and effort, plus hubby is not an organized person. BINGO, organization ! That is my problem, that he is not organized. You would think that it's not a big thing but it is. It affects every aspect of our life here. I hate taking an hour to find a flashlight that should..............

OK, hold everything. Guess what just pulled up in my driveway. My neighbor Bucky Roop, in his pick up truck with 10 neighbor hood children in the back... it's snowing and they are coming to sing The Twelve Days of Christmas. Now that's Christmas.....I have never had Carolers come to my home and sing, what a treat!!

OK, Scrooge signing off to go clean the house, no I didn't even mind the 10 drippy foot prints, and find something to bake.


1 comment:

Word Tosser said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS, GAL....
And remember you are back in Idaho.. the pace slows... so slow down, enjoy the smell of Christmas. And our new 5 inches of snow of today... and then after the 25th.. you can pick it up a bit.
Don't forget to find a day.. maybe Friday if you have it. (the 29th?)for coffee in town...
Did you hear..they are thinking of closing Connies??