Thursday, December 14, 2006

My Love/Hate Affair with Christmas


Come on, I know there's more like me out there.

Round about November I'm all excited and have my list in place, asking who wants what.
I hate the response, " I don't know, get me whatever." There's also the Christmas music being played in all the shops during Thanksgiving-grrr.

By December 1st I've scratched through half my list and feeling smug.
By Dec 12th I'm in a panic because I've procrastinated thinking the last half of the list would be a breeze.

It's now Dec 14th and Christmas Spirit is fading. The only bright side is knowing I will get to see my Granddaughter soon and I've already done her shopping.
Bah Humbug side. I tell myself "I'll just shop online or go shopping when I get up to Idaho..

I have no tree set up in California since I'm only here to work. I decided to pull out my ole Douglas Fir talking tree!
After 5 minutes of it automatically turning on when I walked by I unpluged it- ACK !

I'm currently hoping Christmas will go away - rainey California weather does that to a soul.
I can't wait to get up to Cocolalla and hopefully see BIG SNOW !!!

Merry Humbug Christmas

2 comments:

Mari Meehan said...

Good luck with snow here. I think the Grinch has come up from CA!

Word Tosser said...

The news said tonight... snow..but also freezing rain. So who knows. They also said we would get a white Christmas... so just for you... lol ... we are requesting snow... lol..hope to get to see you while you are up here.