Thursday, February 19, 2009

My new Limoncello cups


Kinda cute,eh? They weren't my first choice but the other sets I liked were either out of stock or just way too much $$$$ like almost $300.00 not including shipping!The quality was not up to parr either...a few pits here and there and the color wash is uneven...but it serves its purpose for sure!

My Limoncello supplies are dwindling so I'll be making another batch as soon as dear old Dads tree kicks out some new fruit.

I noticed a bit of difference in the two batches between Cali and Idaho. The Cali lemons were organic and the Idaho ones store bought. Even with a good wash the Idaho end product did not freeze up like the Cali's did. I don't know if that has something to do with the wax on the fruit or what? The Cali's had a much smoother flavor, too. So...that means I'll lugging a dozen or so lemons on the plane to Idaho when the time comes. I'm gonna try oranges next time, too!

3 comments:

James Higham said...

Aw, that's sweet.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Those are beautiful cups.

I should think the difference is to do with the wax on the lemons, btw.

JBelle said...

yeah, those Idaho lemons just can't compare to SoCali's! hahaha!