Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pasta Putanesca !



I decided I wanted to eat something bad tonight and nothing from the cardboard diet (aka Nutrisystems)... with simple ingredients and a tad bit of pepper flakes this dish has enough zing to keep me happy. Would you believe the first time I ate this was in Idaho at a restaurant called the Power House. I'd never even heard of it and the name was rather peculiar... "Putanesca?", I say out loud... my sis sat there and nodded her head giving me that "yep, it's exactly what you're thinking" look.

Watching the Super Bowl tonight did nothing to curb my appetite, so there I sat with the bowl like a feed bag and watched the climactic ending...I am feeling rather guilty now..I couldn't eat just one bowl...and I feel like a nap to boot. Oink !

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

That looks lovely and you deserve the treat.