Friday, November 9, 2007

Knitting and Knots



Well, I finally finished my knitting project. I used to crochet and knit years ago but with kids and the follies of general life that went by the wayside. I think my last project was 25 years ago, crocheting my Dad a burnt orange afghan. My co workers have been on a knitting and crocheting frenzy this last year and it's rubbed off. While I prefer crocheting, because it's one less tool for my aging uncooperative fingers, I did manage to knit using these huge needles below.







Looking on is one of my three Eclectus parrots , Koki, I'm invading her space.
I chose that frizzy yarn because that's what everyone's been using and it's forgiving when you unknowingly add or lose a stitch. I used the most basic stitch.
I have to add that my son's girlfriend, Sonia, gave me one of these scarfs last Christmas which helped inspire me.

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I'm impreeesd, pink! You are clever!