Saturday, May 26, 2007

Bored in California


I actually woke up this morning with out an allergy headache! Amazing-that's pretty rare for me. I'm happy as a clam. Today there's a breeze, it's also overcast and in two hours it will be too hot for me. That's California for you. I really can't stand the intense sun or heat here due to blood pressure pills making me photosensitive to the sunlight and I wilt in the heat.

So I was all happy and went out to water the lawn, something I've been neglecting for a bit. But, hey as long as the weeds are green and ya keep em mowed who's to know. I'm joking of course, I hate mowing. Gotcha. The sprinkler wouldn't sprinkle so I noticed the hose was kinked so I get that all straightened out. It's still not sprinkling and I see that the end of the hose attached to the sprinkler is crushed. Can I find a wrench, do I have the strength to unscrew it? Of course not. That's the end of that.

In the mean time my youngest son has left for Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. I'm all alone, hee hee ! I can read, make a cool drink and sit in the shade...well scratch that, too. The pharmacy calls to say my Moms meds are in, so off I go. And who is at the house when I get back? My ex. Now this is a really long story so I'm not gonna bore you with it. In a nutshell he wants to use my driveway to fix a car that belonged to my son who's in the USAF but doesn't want it now. Fine, whatever.

Then Mom and Dad call on the cell and say they need some groceries. So I get that done. When I get back I make them something to eat, I clean the kitchen, re dress my Mom's wound from falling two weeks ago, fill all her and Dads pill boxes and finally I'm back to my place next door. Guess who's still there.

The one good thing that happened, my ex fixed the screwed up hose and I can now water my lifeless lawn...

Can life get any better............

2 comments:

Chris at 'Chrissie's Kitchen' said...

I just fell into your blog & thought I'd say hello from England.
It's interesting to see how people in other parts of the world live their days. I shall call again.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Oh, well, it's an ill wind.. I empathise as I leave jobs when I know I can't open something / get the machinery to work, whatever. Hope you've managed to have a read and that cool drink by now!