Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring is here...at least in California....


Today was sunny but a bit windy down here in California. It also happens to be my Mom's 83rd birthday. We, my sis, niece Steph, nephew Paul and Mom and Dad, went out to lunch to one of our fav restaurants in town. For appetizers we had oysters on the half shell, deep fried calamari and the best clams...and for my main course I had salmon tacos....it was yummy but too filling.

Back on the ranch the cherry trees are blooming as well as the irises and calla lilies...we all sat around the patio and had coffee and pie, razzle berry and lemon chiffon, from Marie Calendars. Oink !

Pictures will be posted tomorrow as I'm in the process or reloading all my drivers for all the programs that were removed after I had to recover my computer. We had a local terrorist attempt who cut some fiber optic cables in San Jose that cut cell phones, land lines and computers for a day in Santa Clara Valley to Santa Cruz!

I was on the computer at 2am and something strange happened... my computer warning system came on that said I was getting attacked by a virus. {{{{{PANIC}}}} So I shut down my computer...and then couldn't get reconnected...I was stessing and feard I'd lost all my pictures and genealogy files. Come morining I called my son, Skye, to come check the connection and he decided to take in the drive to where he works and have them run a virus check. Ta-Da..no virus. we recovered the computer one more time and it all worked...even better! Come to find out it was all because of the cables being cut. There is now a 250K reward for the person or persons involved!!!

Talk about withdrawals! Even though I lost all my bookmarks I'm thankful I didn't loose any pics or files!

3 comments:

Alina said...

I like your blog.I'm waiting for your new posts.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Gosh, that would have scared me with the computer! Happy Easter, pink.

MarmiteToasty said...

Happy Belated birthday wishes to your mum...... wow, what a ripe old age lol......

Hope ya mum and you all had a super day.....

x