Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Little Things I Do...

Almost every day I check out the Sicily Scene blog, Orto Botanico live video and my email.

The Sicily Scene blog just takes me away and keeps me from having second thoughts about not visiting Sicily this year.

Orto Botanico has quite a calming effect, trees gently sway, birds and rodents looking for food and nesting materials and an occasional bicycler in the back ground. Not once have I seen a person walk in the round-about.

Of course I can't show you my email but what I look forward to are some of the "property for sale" adds in Sicily, near Cefalu and Trabia. Wow, has real estate soared in the last year. I can remember seeing some pretty dumpy properties going for a song and now they seem to have quadrupled in price.

I've always dreamed of being one of those people, like in the movie "Under the Tuscan Sun", who buys a house and fixes it all up with a little elbow grease and a whole lotta money. Humm, well I'm doing that in Idaho but with a bit more elbow grease and less money. Hopefully, this summer I'll be able to do a before and after on our place. It's actually tarnished my thoughts on buying one of those dilapidated county homes, especially when I ask the sales agents questions. They skirt around the questions like, is there a well,electricity, dirt or paved road, sewer..you know the real necessity stuff. I did receive a video from and agent on places for sale in Caccamo that included some pictures of the beach in Trabia. I guess I'll just have to go and look for myself.

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, pink. Thanks for the link and yes, I have noticed prices going up here. But please, don't give up on your dream! Besides [being selfish now] I want to meet you! "Where there's a will there's a way", pink.