Thursday, November 30, 2006

Yes, it's snowing!



Snow ! I love it ! This is a picture of a a little trail just off the main road where I live. The sun was shining though the trees but it seems I did not capture that very well. Looks rather gloomy in fact... Humm, back to the book for me.

On Monday Dear Hubby drove me back to Spokane airport at 4:45 am in a blizzard. I was on my way to Seattle for three days to see my Grand baby. Near Silverwood the road was almost impossible to see, we drove by center line braille and left side berms. The jerk behind us was tailgating and had his lights on high beam, some think more is better.. arrrggghhh!

During our ride we saw a red car off the road down in the ditch on 95 in Chilco. I tried being a good Samaritan and called the Bonner Sheriff Dispatch, what a joke.. They asked if I pulled over and I said nooo, it's snowing too bad and the guy behind us has his lights on bright and riding our bumper-not safe and we didn't see him until we were 10 feet away, that's how bad it was. They told me to call Kootenai dispatch and after telling them I don't know the number they decided to connect me. What? Isn't that their job? So the dispatcher finally transfers me and no one comes on the line. After 5 minutes I call back Bonner dispatch and she said they were suppose to call me back on my cell but they didn't. Go figure. She said Kootenai dispatch was alerted so I felt a little better. Hubby said the car was gone on his trip back.

This reminds me of this last summer when I reported a fire to Bonner Dispatch up the mountain behind Round Lake. They couldn't find it...hello? After sending out a truck and calling me back they still couldn't find it. See the big plume of smoke in the middle of the green forest? I guess others reported it also and finally some local land owners went up the trail and put it out. Hummm wonder how it started in the middle of the day in the first place...

I just love to look out the window at snow...here's why:
Covers all the weeds.
I can anticipate my seed catalogs in a few months.
I fair better in snow than rain...old bones.
Ah, No mud!!!
My hubby is a good snow shoveler and loves his Bobcat.
I feel like I'm on vacation.

Oh and Seattle, it snowed there, too ! Yippee, thankfully I rented a 4WD.


1 comment:

Word Tosser said...

We left Seattle Sunday morning by plane. And had the same problem as you two did, but going the opposite way. It didn't clear up until Carywood. Just past Silverwood, it was a complete white out.. cars were doing 20 to 25mph. Coming across the Long Bridge, I said a silent pray of thanks, as it was clearer. Saw Seattle on the news the next morning and it was horrible and then Monday night was worse.