Sunday, November 12, 2006

What's in a Name


For those of you who don't know me, ha ha that would be just about everyone, the name Scheenkonigin means Snow Queen. I believe the spelling is German and here's the wierd part. I'm not German, not a smidge.

I'm Azorian and Sicilian, which translates to me that I'm an island girl. You know the kind, Mediterranean tan, thick brown hair, slender......hey, it was good for me.

So back to why the blog name? A fluke? A whim? At first I wanted to use SNOQUEEN but decided someone might associate me with the "Evil Snow Queen." No comment......hah! Schneekonigin was just different I suppose.

I took a picture of the train while on the Long Bridge into Sandpoint last week. Actually, I have many pictures of the train crossing on the bridge. I'm not photogenic and thought the train was much more interesting to look at that why it's in my profile :) I swear every time I cross the bridge there is a train. But considering how many trains there are, like 80+ a day, I guess the odds are in my favor.

Hey, I can't wait for the Holiday traffic in town, how about you?


1 comment:

Word Tosser said...

Portuguese/Italian... great combo!!! And the people who I was raised around... those and the Irish. DFO would love to hear that. He is a full blooded Portuguese... and always glad to know others.