Thursday, April 20, 2006

What's Bloomin ?

The hubby calls me today ands tells me my flowers are blooming around the pond. The crocus have been up for a week peeking through the remenants of snow and the daffodils are ready to unfold. Local moose have already done damage to the not so lucky bulbs underfoot. But best of all ...no rain today.

I wanted to share some info on my best growing flowers and plants up here in Cocolalla. One is a pricey little flower called Cape Daisy in Nasinga Pink. It has the best blooming span of all my flowers and the deer won't eat them either. Next would be my collection of Chickens n Hens. I was surprised by their ability to make it thought the freezing winters and occasional hot summer days and still have beautiful flower displays. I would have to say that my masses of daffodils are the real show stoppers of all the flowers. I also planted peonies last year and hope they all made it through the winter as well as the mass plantings of what I term "ditch lilies" along the driveway.

So as soon as I get back up to Cocolalla on Wednesday I will add some pictures to the site.

By the way the Grandbaby is not here yet.

3 comments:

Word Tosser said...

I am sure your hubby has reported to you...if he is still home... we have had a week of above 60 degree weather... 7 straight days of sunshine. Today being the first semi-cloudy day.Oh, and some windy with it too, but that is good as it is helping dry up all the wet areas...
Sure hope you have your new grandbaby by now...

Word Tosser said...

Oh, yea, gas is $2.77 now here

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Peonies like it cold....you dont have to worry about them being hardy.....they will survive. The only problem with them blooming, or not, is planting them too deep......