Friday, April 14, 2006

Middle East Deployment.....ACK!




My oldest son, Bobby, will be deploying to the United Arab Emeritus in May. Thankfully, he is a pilot in a KC-10 fueler...What that means, according to Bob, is that all the fighter planes will protect his plane since he's their gas station in the sky. (Note: this is being said in my words as Bobby gave me a 20 minute detailed, indepth over my head techical reasons he should be safe.) Fuel is sucked up at an alarming rate so they know where he is at all times, plus he says he flies so high he would be considered a low priority target. ...Lets only hope.

Could I talk him into using his Aerospace Engineering degree to work at... Let's say NASA? "Oh no, that's too boring Mom!" I knew the plan long ago.

Bobby wanted to be a pilot from the time he was three. His Dad, Grandpa and most all the folks on that side of the family are pilots. Planes have been in his life from day one(see the little picture) Grandpa and Uncle George (both were USAF pilots, too) they also fly Formula One's (the itty bitty planes) in the National Air Races. So yes, I used go with the family to do the Air Race circuit all over the US. Since I haven't been married to his Dad for over 20 years I no longer follow the sport. I saw more Lomschavags (sp?) than the you can imagine. That's an aerobatic maneuver called "headache" in Russian.

I won't see my son until he returns in July...I already miss him.

No comments: