Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Container Water Gardens






















Ok, for those of you who love gardening and all those little projects to make you feel like your relaxing by a stream or waterfall...

About three years ago I bought a pot to make a water garden for the porch in Cali. I installed the water pump by drilling out one hole a little bigger to fit the plug through and sealer products to keep it water tight...by alas...it didn't hold. So with many months of procrastination I finally decided it was high time to get "er done".

With a bit more research and brain picking at Home Depot I found a pot sealer called Plasti Dip by Performix to coat the entire inside of the pot. This gave it a rubberized base and would help hold the Silicone Sealer II for Kitchen and Bath by GE to seal around the pump cord and holes on the bottom. The pump is a 60 gph by Beckett also purchased at Home Depot. Next time, if there is one, I will try to use a lighter color base on the inside of the pot. Another live and learn lesson...

I'm really happy with the bubbling after removing the attachments provided in the pump kit. It's now a soothing sound, like a simmering slow boil you'd hear on a stove top. Just perfect to sit near and relax or read a book. Now to find some plants this late in the season...maybe I can put a couple of goldfish in after it cures a few days...oh, the possibilities!

As you can see I found some plants today!

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Well done, pink!