Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Life on the farm

Since I'm on a roll taking pictures and videos this week here are some shots of the ranch in Morgan Hill, CA.


Where's the fruit? This is a 100+ year old loquat (medlar) tree.


And yes, I brushed up against the cactus and had about 50 pickers in my pants leg...














I've lost my nuts?
A squirrel family snatched every last one of the almonds off two trees.


I missed the first crop of figs, dang birds didn't help either, so looks like I have a bit of a wait for the next batch.


One of my Dad's friendly garter snakes in back of the pond. It did stop me in my tracks until I realized there weren't' any rattlers.














On Golden Pond...more like sludge pond. It even has an island in the center and if your brave enough to cross the foot bridge you can get a good look at the five huge Koi. My Dad just put in $500 worth of snails to get rid of the yuck in the pond...

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

You are on a roll, aren't you? Good for you! Great photos. Now I see you have the prickly pear there. Love the loquat tree. You're very brave to have taken a pic of the snake!