Thursday, May 18, 2006

Flowers on Parade


My flowers, most are blooming and some are spent already... the other problem is I'm not up there to even enjoy them right now. My flight leaves the 24th of May and that's when I will be a happy camper. I've already packed my bags and I'm ready to go, wait, wait, that's a song and an old one too boot. ACK.-dating myself again.

Word Tosser mentioned the mud slide up on Schweitzer. The picture in the Bee don't look too devestating but I'm sure there's some hidden dammage as usual. Our property had a lot of run off this year, too, and all those little run offs turned slightly larger this year. So hubby is busy diverting water away from the house...

Whos going to the "Back to the Fifties" this year? I'm going to miss it for the 5th year in a row, I have to work. I have an old 1948 car to refinish and enter one of these decades..wel, hubby does, lol.

On a good note I will be up for the 4th of July, my favorite time up here. I love all the fireworks shows around; Cocolalla Lake, Sandpoint, Bottle Bay and from there you can see Garfields fireworks over the mountain tops. The parade is a real kick , too. Just like my old town use to have, pooper scoopers and all!

Well gotta get ready so I can go to the old horsepistol and put my 12 hours in....



1 comment:

Word Tosser said...

Not many went to the Lost in the 50's. My husband and I went to the parade and sat in the car. We park over by the bowling alley. And the car show... well there were diehards with unbrellas there. But rain storm after rain storm.Friday night we got the whole show!!Thunder and etc. Tonight the electric went off. My daughter in Samuels still doesn't have any. And it is almost midnight and pouring out there.
A great welcome home weather. Especially after our 90's last week.