Monday, January 19, 2009

The Silver Spoon



I ordered this cookbook, The Silver Spoon, through ebay...brand new for less than 29 smackeroonies.

While it's not very appealing to the eye it does contain some interesting recipes.
It also has recipes and menus from some famous chefs...although I only recognized two! Yea, I'm not that worldly I guess. But... they were on Iron chef I might recognise them!

What it lacked was maybe, just maybe the heck you're suppose to buy all this specialized ingredients...bergamot sprigs? I've heard of bergamot lotion and scrubs (which I actually have) but I've never seen it in a store. Jewish artichoke..well, I live 20 minutes from the artichoke capitol in Wastsonville, CA and I've never seen a Jewish artichoke! Italian flour 00...even my Italian Catholic Federation friends didn't know where to purchase these ingredients...and they would know.

Tagiatelline! What is that? Pasta? It doesn't explain much in this book..not for a novice I guess...maybe the next edition?

No comments: