Thursday, September 6, 2007

Morgan Hill is Burning!

After a week of searching for my USB cable to my camera, finding it, finding it's not working, locating my black wired spare in the bottom of my black bottom suitcase, after looking in there at least three times, I can now download some pictures! Whew!
I don't think that was all one sentence but it felt like one....my sister with her Masters in English Literature and Sonia (my son's girl friend) who is completing her Masters in Eng. Lit would have a time with me!!!


Any who....like in Sicily good ole California is having it's share of wild fires. The hills in Coe Park in Morgan Hill are burning and not contained at this point. There may well be 30 thousand acres burned by the time of containment.















The next picture was taken about three days later, this morning. The sky is made of grey smokey clouds and the Sun is an orange ball. Beautiful. I had to take a picture of the Sun behind the maple tree because I haven't quite conquered the functions on my camera to get the lighting correct.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've finally called the airlines for tickets to Sicily and I can use my air miles into Italy. Unfortunately, I only have enough miles for one ticket so I guess someone's staying home...just kiddin. The tickets can be bought 11 months in advance so that's a good thing because I won't be able to schedule my vacation until Jan 1st, 08. Now I have to decide on which city to fly into in Italy, Milan or Roma? Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, pink. I hadn't realised you have bad fires there as well. That second pic is lovely. I fully sympathise re finding the USB cable, etc! Do you want to spend time on the mainland before coming to Sicily? I guess you can't fly directly to Sicily from there? Both Milan and Rome are OK for connecting flights. Have you thought about Pisa? Auguri.